Manually update iOS from iTunes
Updating your iOS firmware is painful if you are having slow connection. The file size of iOS firmware usually large and it takes time for download. Poor connection may cause your download interrupted, and even timeout at half way.
The best way to update your iOS firmware is manually download the .ipsw file and update it later. Follow few simple instructions to complete this task.
- Go to http://iOSIndex.com and select the correct iOS firmware version for your device.
- Download the .ipsw file using any browser or download manager.
- Please note that some browsers may change the file extension from .ipsw to .zip. Please rename it back to .ipsw after download complete.
- Open iTunes on your computer and plug in your device.
- If you are using PC, hold "Shift" and click on the update button in iTunes. For Mac users, hold "Option" and click on the update button in iTunes.
- A file browser shoould appear and browse for the .ipsw you have just downloaded.
- Follow the instructions on screen and your iOS update will be started shortly.
Latest iOS Firmware
- 7.0.4 (11B554a) for iPod Touch 5G
- 7.0.4 (11B554a) for iPhone 5S (Global)
- 7.0.4 (11B554a) for iPhone 5S (GSM)
- 7.0.4 (11B554a) for iPhone 5C (Global)
- 7.0.4 (11B554a) for iPhone 5C (GSM)